Our speaker this week was YOU! We were so delighted to have Kathy in addition to the expertise of our very own creative moms offering some great homemade gifts ideas.
Here are some links and resources on how to make the items you have seen.
Freezer Paper Stencil
Sippy Cup Leash
Soup Mix in a Jar
To Purchase (only paying $8.95 shipping and handling) www.uddercovers.com
Glove Animals: Sock and Glove
Hat and Scarf: Sewing For Baby
www.hobbylobby.com 40% coupon can be printed out here.
Shadow boxes go on sale next week.
What a great idea to have the food (hosted by the Bronze table) placed on a circular table that we could go around and around for more. The food was incredible! Thank you for including all of your best recipes.
The Topaz table is in charge of hosting our next meeting on December 17th. If you have any questions, please contact the table leader, Heather Andrews.
Our Second Annual Cookie and Candy Exchange is at our next meeting December 17th. Participants will make 4-5 dozen cookies/candies to be exchanged. Please email Nicole email@example.com with your name and type of treat you are planning on making to avoid duplicates.
The Rules of the Cookie Exchange
1. All cookies and candy should be homemade.
2. No plain chocolate chip cookies, cookie mixes, brownies, or no-bakes.
3. Please bring 5-6 dozen total cookies. However many you bring that is the number you take home.
4. The theme is "Christmas candy and cookies"
5. Arrange cookies in a basket or platter and be creative! -Bring a large container to carry away your cookies/candy.
-You may want to label your cookies/candy.
6.You can either e-mail a copy of your recipe(firstname.lastname@example.org), post it on the discussion tab on the Laveen mops facebook page, or bring copies of the recipe with you.
7. RSVP as soon as you can and let me know what type of cookies you are planning on baking-- we are attempting to eliminate duplicates.
8. If you don't have time to bake, or have burnt your cookies, but still want to attend, you must go to a real bakery and buy 6 dozen cookies.
9. When it is time to exchange please do not take more than one or two of each kind of cookie or candy to ensure everyone gets to taste all of the yummy treats.
10. Don't forget to wear your ugliest Christmas sweater!
Some content courtesy of Cookie-Exchange.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!